* Final race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the in-person race. Additional updates may be sent up to the morning of the in-person race. Any emailed information supersedes information on this site.
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
Race Location: Fred G. Bond Metro Park (801 High House Rd., Cary, NC 27513). (Venue subject to change as permitted by local officials.). Parking is not available at the Kiwanis Shelter but at the boat house and in the lots near ballfields 1, 2, 3, or 4. Please car pool with other runners if possible.
Race Start: The race is an open start on to the course to reduce participant impact on the greenways. You will cross a timing pad as you start and when you finish. Each event has a specific start window between 8:00 - 9:00 AM (see above). The half-way turnaround closes at 9:30 AM and the course closes at 11:00 AM. Remember a faster runner might start later than you!
Course Information: The course is on the Cary Greenways paved trails with a short stretch of natural trails; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race. No dogs are permitted in the Kiwanis Shelter.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 10K, or 13.1. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. Water fountains are located at the Kiwanis Shelter, the Boat House, and Davis Drive Park. There will be three water stations on the course: at the 5K, 10K, and 13.1 turn around. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area. The water stations are marked on the map. Many runners choose to cary their own preferred fluids and nutrition as well.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets. Participants may pickup packets for others if they have a screenshot or photocopy of their photo ID. Early (if scheduled) and race day packet pickup details will be emailed to all registered participants the week prior to the in-person race.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 7:30 AM -11:30 PM. Sign up through the link in the menu!
Race Souvenirs: Cary Greenways Half-Marathon medal and finishers gift guaranteed with 5K, 10K, and 13.1 registration by March 10th. Shirts are available separately for $15. * In-person race packets will not be shipped and will only be available on race day!
Awards: Overall awards are provided by Fleet Feet - Raleigh / Morrisville; Age Group and other awards are provided by Fit & Able Productions. All awards will be available for pickup at the Fleet Feet - Morrisville store or emailed to their recipients the week after the race. * Age groups are calculated as of participant's age on December 31st of the race year.
Online registration closes on March 22nd at 9 PM. No race day registration will be available.